Pop Culture
What is popular culture, and what does it mean to you?
- Pop culture is defined as cultural activity that is based on popular taste. It is what everyone does everyday. People read the newspaper, magazines, watch TV, read Facebook, and just about everything else that is in the public eye. Everyone wants to know the dirt about just about everything. We are human and we want to know the gossip or we want the newest phone that just came out.
- I feel people have to know what is going on in the world. People have to stay up on the news. I am going to go into the Real Estate field and I have to know what house was just sold or what is going on with the big real estate agents or who just listed what. People ask questions and you have to know the answer. You don't look good if you don't stay up on the newest gossip or news.
What would you consider to be an example of a pop culture artifact? And why would you choose it?
- I chose the I Phone because I feel that everyone has to have the best and newest gadgets these days. Yes, I am the sameway to BUT I feel like some people just take it to far. I work at Subway and I have seen a lot of things happen just because peoples have their phones with them. I have seen parents totally ignore their children just because they are looking at something on their phones or customers are ordering their subs and they are on the phone holding a conversation with the person on the line. People have to check their e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter all the time. I know their is a number out there somewhere saying how many times a person checks their Facebook a day and I am pretty sure it's pretty high just because they want to get gossip or the latest news about someone.

Good blog. Love the color
ReplyDeleteThank You!
DeleteSo true, seems like you can't go anywhere without people being on their phone, it gets kind of annoying sometimes. I bet that gets most annoying when people are ordering their food and can't stop playing with their phones lenough to order their food. Good post. Patrice
ReplyDeleteThank You!!! Yea I know it does get annoying. I mean I understand sometimes you get a phone call but a lot of our customers are regulars and they do it all the time!
ReplyDelete