Popular
Beliefs, Myths, and Icons.
The topic I chose was how people love to put their whole lives on Facebook. For example if someone has a baby as soon as the women goes into labor she puts her water broke and that she is going to the hospital. Then as soon as she has the baby she puts pictures of her baby on Facebook. People don't keep special moments to their selves anymore.
What theories seem to apply to your popular culture topic?
I feel the theories that apply to my pop culture topic would be icon and myths.
How do these theories describe, analyze or evaluate the topic you
have selected?
I chose icon because these days a lot of people live their life around Facebook. They are on it all the time on their phones and on their computers. Many people are on Facebook at work, driving, while they are shopping, while they are in class, or just about anywhere else. Many people love to hear the gossip or the stories about peoples lives. Then I also chose myths because a lot of people go off what they hear from Facebook and a lot of it is wrong or they got the wrong information which messed the story all up. You can never really honestly believe what you hear on Facebook is true until you actually talk to that person face-to-face.
What insights do you gain from applying these theories to your
popular culture topic?
The insights I gain from applying these theories to my topic is don't believe what you hear off Facebook or don't put your whole life on Facebook. Live your life off true life, don't live it off your computer screen. Don't be on Facebook 24-7, actually pay attention to what is going on around you not just what is going on on Facebook.

No comments:
Post a Comment